Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Documenting







One of the things I love the most about photography is documenting life. It's ups and downs, ins and outs, good and bad. I can go through my photos and know exactly how I was feeling at that time, it's like etching the memory into my brain, it comes to the surface much more quickly than trying to recall something that I don't have a photo of. This day was effortless. A low-key Saturday, with a few errands, a good outfit, and a lot of sunshine. The hubs had the kids playing outside while I played with my camera. I put together this outfit based on a photo I found on pinterest. I felt beautiful. Not solely based on what I was wearing, just a general feeling of well-being. This skirt/dress has special meaning to me. I found it trying to find something to wear to my grandfather's viewing, almost exactly a year ago. I wore it during a time of family togetherness, when my brother was home and my family was around our extended family a lot. Celebrating life and contemplating death.

Peace is something I'm constantly in search of.
Peace in my thoughts,
peace in my family,

peace in my heart.








4 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! and are inside and out. I so agree with the things/feeling/thoughs photos can invoke.

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe! And I'm in love with your new blog, it's very you <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Bekah <3 I think you're amazingly beautiful.

      Delete